Since there will be a lot of complicated onground arrangement for the Eco Pad Yatra, interested pilgrims are advised to make your own traveling arrangement going to the point(s) of assembly and departing from the finishing point(s), depending on the options.
- The Babatpur Airport is about 25km from the city or half-hour away. Domestic flights connect Varanasi to Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, and Khajuraho.
- Trains are the easiest way to reach Varanasi, with multiple daily services to cities including Delhi, Agra, Lucknow, Mumbai and Kolkata.
- There are buses run by state government from Lucknow (8hrs), Gorakphur (8hrs) Kanpur (9hrs) and Allahabad (3hrs)
- The nearest airport is at Gaya (7km) and Patna (135km). Domestic flights connect Patna to Calcutta, Bombay, Delhi, Ranchi, Lucknow and various other cities. There are also international flights going directly into Gaya, such as Thai Airways.
- The nearest railway station is Gaya (17km).
- Bodh Gaya is well connected by road to Gaya (17km), Nalanda (101km), Rajgir (78km), Patna (135km), Varanasi (252km), Kolkata (495km).
- Regular direct bus services are available from Gaya, Patna, Nalanda, Rajgir, Varanasi.
- The nearest airport is at Patna (89km). Domestic flights connect Patna to Calcutta, Ranchi, Bombay, Delhi and Lucknow.
- The nearest important train station is Bihar Sharif (about 15km) which is connected to Patna and several other important towns and cities of eastern India. Nalanda itself is a station.
- Bus facilities are available from Patna, Gaya, Bihar Sharif and Rajgir.
- The nearest airport is at Gorakhpur (55km). Daily domestic flights connect Gorakhpur to Delhi.
- The nearest train stations are Gorakhpur Railway Station (51km) and Deoria (35km).
- It is well connected with motorable roads and have regular bus service.
- The closest airport is at Bhairahawa (also known as Sidhhartha Nagar) (22km), where there are flights to and from Kathmandu, Nepal. Other airports serving more destinations include Gorakhpur and Faizabad in India.
- The closest train station is at Nautanwa, India on the Indian Railway network, but passenger trains are infrequent on this line. The alternative of taxi travel from the border crossing at Sunauli to Gorakhpur takes about two hours. From Sonauli, Siddharthanagar is only 3.5km. Total travel time is 12-18 hours from Dehli and 10-12 hours from Kolkata. The Mahaparinirvan Express tourist train stops in Gorakhpur where tourists continue to Lumbini by road.
- Buses ply the route between Sonauli (from stop across from Hotel Yeti) and Lumbini. At Lumbini alight at the main gate. Alternatively, from the Nepal side of the border one can take a shared jeep to Bhairahawa (4 kilometers) followed by a bus to Lumbini. Buses also run from Kathmandu, Pokhara, Gorakhpur and Varanasi to Sonauli.
- Next >>